- Due: Wednesday, June 10th no later than 5pm.
- Submission instructions: complete the assigned number of activities in each of the assigned subsections of Chapter 17. You do not need to submit anything to Brightspace.
- Deadline reminder: once this deadline passes, Runestone Interactive will no longer allow you to collect points for completing the activities.
- Thus far, we have used the procedural paradigm to solve problems. With the procedural paradigm, the focus on solving a problem is on the actions. In Python, these actions are implemented with functions.
- Python also supports the object-oriented programming paradigm. With the OOP paradigm, the focus on solving a problem is on the objects. An object contains both data (called the state) and functionality (called methods).
- Example: Consider the turtle module. This module is implemented using object-oriented programming.
- Example: date.py
- Functions can take objects as parameters.
- Functions can return objects.
__str__can be used to override how objects are printed, e.g.
- It is common to split classes into their own files and import them.
- Complete the required number of activities for each subsection in Object Oriented Programming Basics.
Grading - 10 points
- 10 points - the required number of activities were completed for each subsection before the deadline.
This reading assignment will be graded with scores in Brightspace by office hours the following class day.
Create a class named
Pokemon that has the following instance variables:
combat_points. Add a constructor method that enables a new Pokémon to be created. Add methods named
set_combat_points. Then, write a program that utilizes the functionality of the
Pokemon class in its entirety.
In the game of Black Jack, an ace is worth 11 points, a king is worth 10 points, a queen is worth 10 points, a jack is worth 10 points, and all other cards are worth face value. Download card.py and blackjack.py onto your local machine. Complete method
assign_value and function
process_hand such that the following output is produced when the program is run. Note: if you prefer, you can use the file card_blackjack.py, which includes the
Card class and the Black Jack functionality in one file.
ace of spades, king of diamonds evaluates to 21 queen of hearts, ace of spades evaluates to 21 ace of spades, jack of clubs evaluates to 21 ten of spades, ace of spades evaluates to 21 two of spades, three of clubs, four of diamonds, five of hearts, six of spades, seven of clubs evaluates to 27 eight of diamonds, nine of hearts, two of spades evaluates to 19
- Answer the following questions:
- What is
cardsin the program?
- What does the
- What is
- Uncomment the two commented statements at the bottom and supply the missing
- Split the solution into three files: Card.py, Deck.py and carddeck.py.