- Due: Thursday, June 11th no later than 5pm.
- Submission instructions: complete the assigned number of activities in each of the assigned subsections of Chapter 18. You do not need to submit anything to Brightspace.
- Deadline reminder: once this deadline passes, Runestone Interactive will no longer allow you to collect points for completing the activities.
- An instance of a class is mutable.
- A mutator method is a method of a class that changes the values of one or more instance variables.
- Shallow equality occurs when two variables refer to the same object in the computer’s memory. The Python keyword
istests for shallow equality.
- Deep equality occurs when either there is shallow equality OR two variables refer to objects that contain the same underlying (significant) values.
- The method
__add__(self, other)can be defined so that the operator
+can be used.
- Complete the required number of activities for each subsection in Object Oriented Programming.
Grading - 10 points
- 10 points - the required number of activities were completed for each subsection before the deadline.
This reading assignment will be graded with scores in Brightspace by office hours the following class day.
Card class that holds a rank (e.g.,
"seven"), a suit (e.g.,
"hearts"), and a value (e.g.,
- Use a magic method so cards are comparable using the less than opeartor,
<. For example,
card1 = Card("Seven", "Hearts") card2 = Card("Queen", "Spades") card3 = Card("Queen", "Diamonds") print(card1 < card2) print(card2 < card3) print(card3 < card3)
True False False
Assume that aces have value 1 (are the lowest card) and kings have value 13 (are the highest card). If two cards have the same rank, ties are broken by suit alphabetically.
- Use another magic method to test two cards for deep equality (do the cards have the same rank and suit?) instead of shallow equality (are the cards pointing to the same object?). If
card3are defined above,
card4 = Card("Queen", "Diamonds") print(card2 == card3) print(card3 == card4)