- Due: Monday, May 24th no later than 1:35pm.
- Submission instructions: push a commit with the tag
classwork8to your git repository.
- Deadline reminder: after the deadline passes, you cannot earn any points for this assignment. If the deadline is approaching, submit what you have in order to earn partial credit.
- Practice using pointers to pass by reference to a function.
Write a program called
classwork8.c that reads in three doubles from standard input.
In a function defined outside of
main, take those three numbers and compute their sum and average. This can be done by passing references to your sum and average variables that are defined inside of main.
Finally, print both the sum and the average.
For example, a run of your program may look like this:
[p19t655@csci112 classwork8]$ gcc -o classwork8 -Wall classwork8.c [p19t655@csci112 classwork8]$ ./classwork8 Enter a number> 4.5 Enter a number> -10.0 Enter a number> 0.1 sums=-5.40. avg=-1.80.
Grading - 10 points
- 1 point - there is a file called
- The file compiles and runs.
- Note: you will not earn any points if your work is not committed and pushed to Github with the tag
This classwork will be graded with scores in Brightspace by 5pm the day it is due (May 24th).