- Due: Thursday, August 25th no later than 11:00pm. (Penalties from the syllabus apply if you turn it in any later.)
- Submission instructions: send a message to Dr. Williams on Discord. The assignment on D2L will be used for reporting your grade only.
- Introduce yourself to the professor
- Make sure you understand the syllabus
- Set up your system to run Java
- Change your Discord nickname to whatever you prefer to be called, including last name. For example, if I was a student, I would put Lucy Williams, because my given first name is Lucia but I usually use Lucy.
In a direct message to Dr. Williams, answer the following questions.
- What previous programming courses have you taken, and/or what other programming experience do you have?
- What time and day of the week are labs due? What time and day of the week are programs due?
- Were you able to install Java and the IDE of your choice?
- Somene asks you for help with a lab because they are getting an error they don’t understand. Are either of the following okay? (a) For them to send you a copy of their code so you can run it on your own computer to help them undersatnd they error message. (b) For them to sit with you and have them run the code on their own computer while you talk them through debuggin it (without sending you a copy of their code). (c) To get on a video call with them, have them share their screen, and show their code to you while you talk them through debugging it (again without sending you a copy).
Grading - 10 points
2 points for addressing each of the five questions.
This classwork will be graded with scores in Brightspace by 5pm on May 13th.